I had a very fun (but very brief) trip to Chicago with my boyfriend this weekend! We stayed at the Hotel Felix, had dinner at Gibson’s one evening and went to see Dropkick Murphy’s at the Congress Theater. I love hotdogs so much, so of course I had to get Portillo’s – it was my favorite when I lived in Chicago when I was a kid. I am already craving it again. I love their poppy seed hotdog buns and I am making a point to look for some similar ones in town this week.
1. I was trying on aviator’s at Nordstrom Rack and I found these Tory Burch metal Butterfly Aviator Sunglasses for over $100 off the retail price. When I was at the Tory Burch boutique later on, I saw them for sale at full price – $165. I love it when that happens!
2. At the Tory Burch boutique I got a green snakeprint wallet on sale (also over $100 off!!). I have a peacock blue patent leather wallet from Coach that I always use, but the style is very bright and summery to me, so I had my eye out for another wallet that ‘fit’ the cool weather a bit better.
3. I got these Envirosax la Boheme resuable grocery bags from Nieman Marcus ~ I hate using the plastic disposable bags, and the $1 resuable bags from the grocery store are bulky. Consequently, even though I’ve got probably a couple dozen of those, I always throw them in the back of my car and never actually have them when I need them. I am hoping since these bags are compact and come in a pouch I can just always have them in my purse. We’ll see how that works out!
4. Traveling twice in the last couple of weeks made me realize that I had a lot of standard-size cosmetic cases but nothing that fits my bigger items like toohbrush, shampoo, lotions, etc. – and Ziploc bags just aren’t as fun! I ended up getting a large quilted nylon and leather cosmetic case at Tory Burch. I can fit a ton of items in the 12″ by 7 3/4″ size.
5. I had to stop by Aritzia while I was in Chicago since we don’t have one back home. I ended up getting this grey and white striped TNA sundress. I really love it because it’s the typical cotton strappy basic style that I always wear, but the seams on the bust give it a little more structure and variation from my usual surplice and scoop-neck dresses. I cant wait until it’s warmer and I can wear it!
Well, that was my weekend – now it’s back to the grind. Have a good week!